Gas Shutoff Valve GSV-SERIES
- FOR NATURAL GAS FUELED ENGINES
- TWO MODELS AVAILABLE:
- CD IGNITION POWERED (690040-1)
- 12–24 VDC POWERED (FAILSAFE) (690045-1)
- SIMPLE, DIRECT-ACTING VALVE LATCHING MECHANISM FOR IMPROVED
- RELIABILITY AND EXTENDED SERVICE
- UNIQUE, HIGHLY-VISIBLE VALVE POSITION INDICATOR CAN ALSO BE USED AS A MANUAL STOP BUTTON
- DIRECTLY REPLACES TRADITIONAL 2" GAS SHUTOFF VALVES, INCLUDING THE M50
- CSA CERTIFIED FOR USE IN CLASS I, DIVISION 1 AND 2, GROUPS C AND D
- HAZARDOUS AREAS
The Altronic GSV-series Gas Shutoff Valve is designed to automatically interrupt the flow of fuel in the event that an engine or process fault is detected by a supervisory safety shutdown system such as the Altronic DD or DE-series annunciator/controllers.
Two models are available:
CD IGNITION POWERED (690040-1) is opened manually, is held open mechanically and draws no electrical power. The valve closes when its internal coil is energized by a pulse from a shutdown system.
12–24 VDC POWERED (FAILSAFE) (690045-1) is opened manually and held open electromechanically. It uses a voltage regulator circuit to keep current draw independent of the DC voltage applied and to a low 0.25 amps maximum in the energized (open) mode. The valve closes when its internal coil is de-energized by a shutdown system.
An external indicator shows whether the valve is open or closed. The valve has a positive closure and vents gasses after shutdown. Mounted on the top of the valve body, this indicator button can also be used as a manual stop to close the valve and stop the flow of fuel to the engine. An internal micro-switch which actuates on shutoff can be used for remote indication of fuel status or for other purposes.
The GSV can be safely used in hazardous areas with suitably approved safety shutdown and control systems, including all Altronic annunciators. The GSV features an industry-standard body size and thread specifications, and can be used as a replacement for existing gas shutoff valves, such as the M50.